Advanced retreats are a powerful opportunity to work closely and directly with Lama Surya Das. Intended for mature practitioners, advanced retreats explore deeply the view and practice of Dzogchen meditation.
All attendees of advanced retreats must be approved by Lama Surya Das.
If you have never attended a Dzogchen Foundation Advanced Retreat, please fill out the application below.
To qualify, we request you:
- Maintain membership in the Dzogchen Center and Foundation.
- Have attended a Dzogchen Center residential retreat within the last 3 years OR have attended a residential retreat with a like-minded spiritual teacher, such as nondual awareness, Dzogchen or Mahamudra teachers.
- Actively pursue additional opportunities to study with Lama Surya and his associated teachers. Some examples of these opportunities are:
- Public talks
- Weekend retreats or workshops
- Book signings
- Private consultation sessions
- Taking Refuge with Lama Surya Das on retreat
- Reading specific books and watching various podcasts that Lama Surya Das feels are important in furthering and supporting your practice (resource list below)
Previous Advanced Retreat Participants
If you have previously attended a Dzogchen Center Advanced Retreat with Lama Surya Das you are not required to fill out an application- REGISTRATION for our October 25 to 30, 2020 Advanced Retreat will open in July 2020.
Application for New Retreat Participants
If you are interested in attending an advanced retreat, we encourage you to apply by filling out the enclosed application.
Resource List for Advanced Retreats
Books by Lama Surya Das
- Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World
- Awakening to the Sacred: Creating a Spiritual Life from Scratch
- Natural Radiance: Awakening to Your Great Perfection
- The Mind is Mightier than the Sword: New Dharma Talks
- The Snow Lion’s Turquoise Mane: Wisdom Tales from Tibet
- Make Me One with Everything: Buddhist Meditations to Awaken from the Illusion of Separation
- Natural Great Perfection: Dzogchen Teachings & Vajra Songs by Nyoshul Khenpo, translated by Lama Surya Das (Snow Lion Publications, 1992)
- Dzogchen Meditation Training: Guided Meditation and Pith Instructions for Natural Meditation Practice (Sounds True Pubs., 2019)
- The Awakening Now series on the Be Here Now Network
- The Heart-Essence of Buddhist Meditation Tricycle Magazine
- New Meditations for Seeing through the Illusion of Separation: A New Way of Meditating for Busy People Watkins Mind, Body, Spirit Magazine